Friday 10 May 2013

Painting Romans

The last few months I've been painting caesarian romans. I plan to use them for both Warhammer Ancient Battles and Hail Ceasar, although I'll have to find some players for the last set first. the models are fro wargames factory. The quality is reasonable, but the models pale in comparison to Perry or GW plastics. luckily they are dirt cheap, with 48 legionaires coming in at about 25 euro's.


I've painted  three cohorts, two small units of skirmishers (archers and slingers) and three scorpio's. on the to do list are two units of cavalry (Gallic and German Allies), one more normal cohort, a cohort of veterans and a small unit of auxillia infantry. As soon as I manage to get more pictures of of my IPhone, I'll post some closeups and the progress.

The infantry units are 18 man models strong, deployed in three ranks, which gives me a good number for WAB and the abillity to play Hail Caesar with either a slightly reduced frontage or in two ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment